Monday, May 21, 2012

Nail Bar Review: Nail-a-holics



Nail-a-holics SM Branch Rating: 5.5/10

Yesterday, I went on a Sundate with my bessie, Pamela. There are just times when I think that she's all I have in the world. Anyway, it wasn't really one of those days...those days are for breakups and heartaches. That day, we just wanted to catch up on each other's lives.

We went to SM, had a hearty lunch at Piyesta and then walked around SM for a while. We talked about how an Ipad will make our lives complete and how we must have one before our birthdays. In between muted sighs,  I looked down at my feet and saw that they needed serious pampering.

Whenever I needed to be pampered, I always go to upscale spas and salons. I know they're charging me a hefty amount for a service that costs very little...although the value of these services are high. I just want to feel REALLY pampered and luxurious, that's why! :-) So I went to Nail-a-holics and had my first pedicure there.

They had a lovely beach theme that sets your mood to a peaceful, vacation state right after you go inside. There were plush, bright blue seats, and cabanas. Pam found it especially adorable that even though she was just there to accompany me, she ended up getting a manicure herself. 100 points for set-up.



Even though the prices were a little steep (cheapest pedicure is P220), the service wasn't up to par with  my expectations. For one, the nail attendant commented how I should get a leg wax because my skin at my lower leg was stubby. I usually wax, you know, but when I'm in a hurry, of course I'd just shave. I knew she was just trying to sell me another service but she sounded offensive with the tone that she used. Moreover, as Pam and I were talking, she made comments and acted as if she was an actual part of the conversation. Sometimes this is adorable but it just wasn't, for her. Lastly, I didn't want to pay an extra P40 for Orly so when I asked if it was only Orly that we needed to pay the extra P40 for, and they agreed, I picked the non-Orly polish. I mean, I'm going to change the color in a week anyway. Orly or no orly. When I got to the counter, they charged me the extra P40. I asked them why. They said, I picked a "premium polish" anyway. God, if that wasn't deception, what was it? That was the part when I felt a little iffy and so the entire experience was ruined. What's more, they didn't even offer a drink or a magazine. They waited for me to ask them to bring me a magazine...and no, no drinks.



One last thing: I expected them to have a credit/debit card machine since they're in a mall. And most of the treatments cost more than P50 anyway!

Anyway, I had an eyelash perm a few months ago at Nail-a-holics Abreeza and my experience was good. Now I know where to go for my next (pricey) pedicure. IF I ever decide to have one again. I mean, there are other salons that go for just half the price and the service, really good. Examples include Pink and Gold Salon, Hair Zone and Harold's.You can find them at my salon directory. Ta ta! :-)

PS 24 hours after pedicure and the color faded already. Boo.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know what branch you and your friends went into, but nailaholics is the worst nail spa I've been. You don't get what you pay for. And same scenario, I was shocked that the polish (whether it is regular or not) is not yet included in their service. You have to pay for another P40. For me it's a hidden charge. This is the first time I've been into a nail spa that the polish is not included in the service. Ain't that a default for a manni or pedi? Unless, you want to upgrade to a high end brand then I can accept it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to go at nailaholics bicutan branch since its closer to my home but this time I went to Mall of Asia (MOA) branch, I availed the lagoon package with foot massage and scrub with mani (gel polish) and pedi (orly polish+50 peso). Foot scrub for 10 mins and massage for 5 mins then pedicure for 30 mins not even an hour(tsk).
    My nails done and paid 1,620 peso for the service. Its ok I dnt mind paying as long as the service is beyond your expectations but the scrub and massage is no so so so not good. The fallowing day I went back to them because my toe polish ruin as I wear a close shoe at work 2 hours after the service. I told them to change it with gel polish....as far i remember additional 600 for gel polish thats why i didn't bother asking anymore for the price. When im about to pay they ask me 950 peso for changing polish to gel and ask the attendant why and replied because they dnt have a price for changing color thats why they charged me for the whole pedicure set. WTF Im very very disappointed. Lastly I told them to repair my both thumb nails because it was already chip for less than 24 hours (never encountered that gel polish get chip) I change gel polish after a month as I see the gap of new nails growing. The gel polish they use is branded but about to run out and the outcome is so cheap and look like a regular polish compare to a gel that looks very thick.

    Firts day 1,620
    2nd day 950
    Plus 200 tip for the 2 person who make my nails done on the first day and definitely no tip on the 2nd day as Iam very DISAPPOINTED and the person who make my toe nails done looks grumpy, total paid of 2,770 for a sh*tty service. Oh well we are just ordinary people who wants a good service and willing to pay as long as your service is good (we get what we paid for) doesn't apply to this NAIL SALON.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my nailgel polish extension got broke after a day applied it can i go back their do they repair it or should i pay again.?

    ReplyDelete