Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Real Reviews: St. Ives' Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Moisturizer



My talented makeup artist friend Meloi and I were hanging out one day and as usual, we talked about beauty products. I asked her for a recommendation of an affordable anti-aging cream because I'm paranoid like that. I mean, I started wearing sunblock everyday since I was 17 and as early as 19, I was using anti-aging creams like it was necessary to my existence. Anyway, I know my future self will not have anything but gratitude later so yeah, here I was again, in my search for the perfect affordable anti-aging cream.

Before it got pulled out of the market, my favorite affordable anti-aging cream was Eskinol's ageless. My, it was truly awesome. I worshipped it and bought it in bulk because it was difficult to find. By and by, the supplies got fewer, until Eskinol just stopped putting them on shelves.


After that, I used Olay's Moisturizing Cream (NOT exactly anti-aging but regular moisturizing, in essence, helps delay aging) but found it too "heavy" for my combination skin. So I searched for another option.

Then Meloi told me about St. Ives' Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Moisturizer. It promised to "visibly reduce appearance of fine lines and wrinkles". I didn't have those yet, but it always pays to subscribe to a dollop of prevention, doesn't it?

For less than P300 for a 283g tub, this was a total steal. Judging from my normal usage, this one would last me more than 6 months! I bought a piece at Watsons and went home smiling.

Upon reading its label, I found out that St. Ives' Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Moisturizer is formulated with collagen and elastin proteins. Both are anti-aging warriors so it gets 10 points for that. I also give it extra points for being non-comedogenic, which means it won't clog your pores no matter what skin type you have.

When I finally opened it, I noticed that the consistency of the cream was a little light. Really. It even looked like yoghurt! This means 2 things automatically: 1. that I wouldn't need to use a lot for my face and neck and 2. that it was a little "diluted". Most of the anti aging creams had thicker consistency than this one, and they felt like they were jampacked with anti-aging superpowers. Here's a picture of how it looked like when I first opened it:



Anyway, it was true, I only used a little for my skin (because it spread out more easily) and the results were good. For one, my skin felt softer and firmer by next morning. The downside was, the improvements were only mediocre days after. Unlike Ageless, where my skin just got better and better. It wasn't really awesome but it was ok, especially for its price. I noticed that using Revitalift (even just the facial wash) did more firming and tightening of my pores than St. Ives'. Also, whenever I sweat a little, with St. Ives' I get these little zits or allergies that I really didn't like. So now, I only use this for my cheeks.

I will still search for the best anti-aging cream out there. Thinking about Nivea's Night Cream, Olay's Regenerist or L'Oreal's Revitalift (which my mom uses). What do you think?


1 comment:

  1. hi, I just want to know if you have received my details via e-mail regarding your giveaway last month because I have not yet received the prize or confirmation. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete