Friday, April 26, 2013

The Best Lip Balm

My personal lip balm loot! :)



I’ve been using lip balms for at least 10 years now. I remember I started getting obsessed with Avon’s fruity lip balms (my favorite was orange) and lip balms became a huge part of my life since. That time, I liked it because it tasted like candy, but its moisturizing quality isn’t as good as Chapstick. Also, I called it obsession because even if my stick is still usable, I’d buy a new one because I couldn’t stand a day not using it.


Sanity came in college, where I picked Chapstick Cherry as my daily lip balm. It was good. Just had the right amount of moisturization and very very little sheen. I realized this wasn’t enough. I also jumped from one brand to another, and I tried Maybelline, Watsons, Burt’s Bees, Carmex and Nivea. Sometimes I’d stay in one brand for a year. Then when something new came up, I’d give it a try if the ads sounded convincing.

Right now, the brand I love is a Watsons brand. It’s a tinted lip balm and it’s also long wearing. Most of all, it’s dirt cheap! Around P70-80. Anyway, it’s not perfect, still. That is why I’ve round up a set of criteria for my pick for the best lip balm.

1. Moisturization – It should moisturize. That’s its most basic job description. If you have chapped lips, fire your lip balm.

2. Has SPF – Everytime we’re out during daytime, our skin (and yes, including our lips) are placed at risk because of the harsh rays of the sun. And no, you are not excluded even if it’s a cloudy day, because even during those days, UV-C and UV-D can still get through. Pick a lip balm that has at least SPF 25, higher if you’re hitting the beach.

3. Long lasting - Also, the nice, moisturized, kissable effect on your lips should last for at least an hour, so you don't look like a crazy lip balm addict everytime you take a quick swipe.

4. Tinted – Personally, this has to be in the criteria for the best so you can enhance the natural tint of your lips. Those plain ones are just too plain for daily wear, especially when you have a fair complexion.

5. Affordable – Of course the term “affordable” may vary to all of us, however, your lip balm should be easily affordable to you because I really consider it a staple to all toiletry kits out there. It’s tough to have to save up everytime you run out. Men, you are not exempted. Score more kisses from your girlfriends by using a nice lip balm.

What’s your favorite lip balm? How does it fare in terms of these self-declared criteria? Let me know through the comment boxes below!


No comments:

Post a Comment