Monday, May 27, 2013

Real Reviews: Maybelline Clear Smooth Silk BB Powder


The first time I laid my eyes on this cute purple powder, I instantly fell in love. It looked so elegant that I already imagined it to be one of my key accessories rather than a beauty product. That’s not to say its contribution in the beauty department is disappointing, though. In fact, I think finding it is one of the best things that happened to me this year.


At the price of P235, it’s not bad. The box tells me it mimics the effects of BB Cream, and, being a huge fan of Maybelline’s BB Cream, I was already sold to this product. Before using this one, I used Maybelline’s Clear Smooth Pressed Powder for a long time. Three or 4 years, maybe. This one particularly promised “poreless skin” and “oil control for hours”. Although the SPF fell short (SPF 21 only, as compared to Clear Smooth’s 24), that was a compromise I was willing to make.



The first thing I liked about it was the packaging, aside from looking pretty, there is also a separate makeup applicator/ foam compartment, which makes for more sanitary maintenance. Regular pressed powders with the foams directly on top of the powder wastes more powder and makes room for faster bacteria buildup. That is why, for regular powders, I always had to keep the plastic on top of the powder so the foam and the powder are separated.  Due to the existence of this “separator”, the actual space for the powder is virtually less. But again, that’s one small downside I can easily brush off my shoulders.

When I started using it, the effect was really good. It had really good coverage, my skin was more even and yes, the pores were invisible. What’s more, I didn’t feel the need to retouch even if the powder was already sitting on my face for almost 8 hours. And get this: it was a hot day. I took pictures of myself to see if there really was a difference. The pictures confirmed it. My skin looked smoother.



Also, I would like to reiterate to reiterate that this is a cake powder, which means it’s meant to have more staying powder than most powder types. Some say cake powders are already half-foundations so that works as well. Best to use it on top of BB Cream that has SPF too (at least SPF 24).

Thus far, I think this is an excellent product. Good work + good price! Hope it stays in the shelves for long. I'll be using this from now on! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment